March 1, 2015

The Mansion Theory

Hello, everyone! Today I'm going to share with you something that I've never told anyone before.

For years and years, I've done this silly thing where I involuntarily imagine I'm filthy rich and live in a glorious mansion. Somehow, I've become a famous celebrity who's adored my millions and loathed by others! In this beautiful, imaginary world, I'm pretty much Beyoncé.

Anyone of my choosing is allowed to live with me in this extraordinary mansion. There are countless rooms, and enough space to fit a whole village if I'd like! When I think of this mansion, I start think of who I'd let live with me. After all, I am a 'celebrity'! I can't have just anyone residing in my rooms!

I start by going through the people around me, usually at school or during social gatherings. I look at each individual and think about the way they act. Are they nice? Do they treat me like I'm worth something? Would they only want to be a part of my life if I was actually 'rich and famous'? Do they have a good heart?

Sometimes, the answers don't always line up. When you put yourself in the position of a 'celebrity', you begin to realize that a lot of the people you associate yourself with aren't really worthy of hanging out with you. Some people might take your relationship for granted or not bother to notice how great you are 'til you're in the spotlight. It's harder to tell when you're 'just you', but when you finally (figuratively) have something people want to be a part of, they can be a totally different person.

It may sound arrogant and cocky, but that's because a lot of people don't understand the concept of self-worth. If your friends don't acknowledge you and treat you the way you should be now, they sure as heck wouldn't deserve to live in your mansion when you become a well-known celebrity!

You are worth something! Fill your life ONLY with people you'd let reside in your billion-dollar mansion. Don't be the backup plan, and don't ever doubt how special and important you are, even if you're not a celebrity.

The people in the mansion are the people closest to your heart, so choose wisely!

Until next time,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment