April 30, 2015

Cruelty Free Beauty and Brands to Stay Away From

Hello, you gorgeous people! As some of you may have read from a post I made back in December, I am determined to have a completely cruelty free lifestyle. I already have the diet down, so now it's time to transition from what I put inside of my body to what I put outside of my body.

As most of you may know, a lot of brands test their beauty products on animals before selling them to the public. Although this can be looked at as a benefit to humans, it is absolute torture for animals. I will not include any pictures in this blog post in fear of upsetting the readers, but if you're strong enough, I strongly urge you to search online for pictures of animal testing and you'll see just how horrible it is. It's worse than one would think, and the poor animals don't deserve that.

I was recently searching online for cruelty free brands and brands to stay away from, and as I was searching, I thought it might make an interesting blog post for some of you who are in the same situation as I am!



Look out for these symbols on packagings! If the products have any of these symbols on their labels it means they're cruelty free! I would still check, even if you're 90% sure that the brand is cruelty free. This is because a lot of brands that've been known to be animal friendly have recently been taken off the cruelty free list due to their choice to start selling their products in China. The Chinese government requires all cosmetic products to be tested on animals before being sold to the public. 

Some brands may be listed more than once if they are guilty of testing on animals for multiple products. So without further ado, here are some of the brands that test on animals and the brands who are completely cruelty free!

Brands to Stay Away From

Drugstore Makeup
Almay
Cover Girl


Max Factor
Maybelline
Revlon
Rimmel

High End Makeup
Benefit
Bobbi Brown
Chanel
Dior
Estée Lauder
Lancôme
M.A.C.


Make Up For Ever
Yves Saint Laurent (YSL)

Hair Products
Garnier
Pantene
Suave
TRESemmé

Nail Products
Essie
OPI
Sally Hansen

Oral Hygiene
Colgate
Crest

Skin Care
Aveeno
Bioré
Clinique
Gillette
Neutrogena
Olay
Origins

Perfume
Chanel
Dior
Jo Malone

Cruelty Free

Drugstore Makeup
E.L.F.
Jordana
NYX

High End Makeup
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Hourglass
Smashbox
Too Faced

Hair Products
Paul Mitchell

Skin Care
LUSH
Michael Todd True Organics
The Body Shop

Makeup Tools
Nanshy
Real Techniques
Sigma
Sonia Kashuk
Zoeva

I hope you've found this helpful if you're trying to transition your beauty product collection into completely cruelty free! The animals would thank you for it, and you'd have a much better conscience!

Until next time,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment