November 30, 2016

Autumn/Winter Night In

Hello, my gorgeous apple cider donuts! How are you all?! I apologize for my lack of blogging throughout the month of November, but I didn't feel comfortable publishing anything that I wasn't completely happy with. However, the dry spell is over and I am back with one of the most exciting posts of the season!

Any of you who know me know that November and December are my favorite months of the year. One of my favorite things to do during the festive period is go on holiday-themed outings, wearing my favorite seasonal attire, and drinking whatever peppermint coffee creation Starbucks has successfully sold me.

Although I love strolling through light-strung cities that look as festive as I feel, there is an alternative - and much warmer - way to awaken one's holiday spirit that I enjoy just as much: A FESTIVE NIGHT IN!

In this post, I'll teach you how to have a crap load of fun while staying inside on these cold, autumn/winter nights.


Step 1: Invite Your Loved One(s)
Invite your friends over! Tell them to bring snacks and to wear their favorite pajamas (no birthday suits). The key to looking back on memories with fondness is surrounding yourself with loved ones to create and share them with. Reserve the invitations for people who bring nothing but joy to your life, as this gathering is meant to be nothing but a good time!

This is a picture of me and my best friend, Katie! She would definitely be invited to my festive night in.


Step 2: Food and Drinks
Try to keep the beverages hot and the snacks crunchy!

Drink Ideas:
- Hot Apple Cider infused with Cinnamon and Cloves
- Hot Chocolate with Candy Cane Stirring Sticks
- Mulled Wine

Snack Ideas:
- Puppy Chow
- Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
- Chips/Veggies and Dip
- Cheese and Crackers
- Popcorn
- Peppermint Bark
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar

Cover anything in chocolate and you've got yourself a holiday hit!

The drink pictured above was a hot chocolate with homemade whipped cream and a toffee crumble.

credit 

Step 3: Set Up
Your night in will most likely include movies and food. Fill your living room with blankets and pillows and tables for snacks! If you're feeling extra festive, deck your halls with fairy lights. Maybe even include a Christmas tree for you and your friends to decorate! Also, it doesn't hurt to have some background music while you and your best chums are milling about, getting ready for the big movie premiere.

credit 

Step 4: Pick a Movie
I'll be honest, I tried to find the corniest movie cover possible for this post, and I think I've found it.

If your get-together is holiday-themed, Christmas movies are a must. When picking a movie (or multiple movies) try to stick to upbeat and lighthearted films that leave you feeling happier than when you started it. That's the whole point of this gathering anyway, right?!

That's it for today's post! I hope you enjoyed it. If you decide to have a festive night in, post a picture on Instagram and tag me, @jordanndaniielle! I'd love to see how you all personalize your gatherings!

Until December,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment