September 1, 2014

Healthy Snacks: On-The-Go

Hello, everyone! The school year is nearly upon us, and that can only mean one thing: snack time! I thought this would be a perfect time to share with you some of my favourite, easily portable snacks to take with me if I've missed breakfast, am in a rush for school or are possibly taking a scenic hike through the woods. As I spend most of my time in school, it's kind of hard to walk to the refrigerator during the day and grab something to eat. I'm always racing to get out the door in the morning, so breakfast isn't even an option! Because of my breakfast-deemed food deficiency, I must always bring something to school in order to keep myself energized throughout the day.

When you're fueling your body, you don't want to give it garbage! That is why the three snacks you'll see in this post are 100% Non GMO (genetically modified) and gluten free!

Enjoy!


First up is the KIND Healthy Grains Bars. I just happened to pick up the Maple Pumpkin Seeds version, but they come in loads of other flavours such as Dark Chocolate Chunk, Vanilla Blueberry and Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate. This particular bar is perfect if you or your child have a nut allergy; there's not a trace in here! 


This bar is made of five different super grains including oats, quinoa and amaranth!



Like it says on the front of the package, KIND products only contain ingredients you can read and pronounce (accept for 'quinoa'). These bars are totally gluten free and supply you with a decent amount of protein and fiber!


Here are the nutrition facts if anyone's interested!


Next are the famous Clif Bars! The Coconut Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch were the only two I had left in my pantry, but they come in a variety of over 20 flavours to choose from. You're bound to find one you like.


Coconut Chocolate Chip just happens to be my favourite!


How delicious does that look?!



I couldn't resist!


It looks like there's 1,000 and 1 ingredients in here, but if you look closely you can see that half of the paragraph is the vitamins and minerals included in the mix. I thought that was pretty cool!


Last, and possibly the best, are Larabars. These are my absolute favourite! This flavour is Apple Pie, but they come in a wide range of tastes from Lemon Bar to Banana Bread to anything you can put chocolate chips in! In fact, there's over 20 flavours for you to choose from!


Every Larabar is gluten, dairy and soy free. These bars are perfect if you or your child are allergic to any of those things!


I think Larabars are my favourite because of how simple they are. Literally all they use is fruits, nuts and spices! And one bar is the equivalent to 1/2 cup of fruit! How could you beat that?! And weirdly enough, I wrote this paragraph before reading the blurb on the back of the package talking about how simple the bars are, made with fruits, nuts and spices!


I swear, it tastes a LOT better than it looks!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading! I hope this helped you even slightly in your search for a healthy, on-the-go snack! And to all of you going back to school, have a wonderful year! Remember that even though it's school, it's only school. There was a time before and there'll be a time after! Don't put too much stress on yourself, but do the best you can.

Good luck!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment