January 25, 2015

My Timeless Loves

Hello, lovely people! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've just finished semester exams and studying took up most of my time! I hope you're all doing well and had a wonderful start to the new year!

Today I'm going to tell you about some things I've been loving. This isn't a monthly or seasonal favourites, as some of the stuff I've loved for over a year now. The reasoning behind the name 'My Timeless Loves' is that I've instantly fallen in love with everything in this post. In fact, I love them so much that I know I'll be using/watching/wearing them forever. They're timeless!

Unlike my usual favourites posts, these timeless loves don't just limit themselves to food and beauty products; they come in the form of people, apps, quotes and everything in between! I've arranged them in categories so it's easier to follow along. Anywho, I now present to you some of my favourite things!

Beauty/Skin Care


Previously featured in my Spring/Summer Favourites, these are some of the bajillions of products from Michael Todd True Organics. I swear by this brand! All of their products are made of natural, organic ingredients, and they have something for everybody. The products in this picture aren't necessarily my favourites (I couldn't possibly choose that), they're just the ones I have at the moment!


This is the Revlon Colorbust Matte Balm. As with many things in this post, the matte balms have been around for ages but I've only just got around to trying one!


I bought it in the shade Sultry.


It reminds me of a crayon!


I've been looking for a browny neutral lip colour for a long time now, and I've finally found it! It looks great in daylight and with flash. When you take a picture with flash it looks a bit fuchsia, but I love it either way!


To go along with my favourite skin care products, this is the Clarisonic Mia! You've probably heard of the Clarisonic before but if not, the Clarisonic is a cleansing brush for your face. It cleanses a bajillion times better than your fingers! The Mia, from what I understand, is a mini version of the Clarisonic. It seems quite normal size to me though!


You can either put your cleanser on your face or directly on the brush. After that, all you have to do is press a button to turn it on! The black bristles and inward are on a platform that rotates as you move it in a circular motion. All of the bristles vibrate for an even deeper cleanse. It automatically turns off after a minute to make sure you don't over exfoliate!


This is one of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I actually wrote a blog post on this! I bought one back in the summer and loved it so much that I had to go back and buy another!


Learning from my mistakes last time, I stayed away from the vibrant colors and went for something more subtle. I chose the shade 050, Berry Smoothie.


It's hard to see in the picture, but the lip butter has a little bit of shimmer to it. I wasn't too excited when I saw that, but you don't even notice it when it's on!


It's a lot more sheer than I was anticipating, but that's totally fine. I think this would be perfect if you attend a school that doesn't allow much makeup. It looks completely natural and I'm sure you'd get away with it! This particular lip butter isn't my favourite of the collection, I just like the lip butters in general.

Stuff For Your Hands


Of course I had to include Tanya Burr's nail polish in my timeless loves! Not only do I love her, but I love this product. The color is great and the drying time is great. I wish I would've gotten more colours!


I've been looking for a matte nail polish for absolutely ages! I wasn't sure what colour I wanted to go for, so when I was in the shops and saw this matte top coat, I thought it was brilliant! Now I can make any nail polish matte, thanks to the Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.


The only iffy thing I have to say about this top coat is that the matteness of it wears off a little as time goes on. I don't know if it's because I touch my nails a lot or whether it happens to everyone! It still stays smatte though.


Next of my timeless loves is this ring I got from Walmart. Weird, right?! It was nearly 11 dollars, but I think it's worth the money! I'm not really sure how you'd describe this, but it's a white, rectangular gem stone surrounded buy little green, silver and 'diamond' embellishments.

Papery Things


On a recent trip to Barnes and Noble, I was on a quest to find some kind of stationery, journally thing. I was running low on time and was torn between two journals that I liked, but didn't love. At the last minute, I spotted the most gorgeous journal I ever did see.


Unlike normal journals, the lines on the paper are much lighter and less noticeable. You can still see them, but they're just not 'in your face'. I love the thinner lines because it makes your writing look effortlessly aligned and elegant.


My original mission in Barnes and Noble was to find this! The Pointless Book, by Alfie Deyes! Alfie was the first YouTuber that I started regularly watching. Now 3 years later, he has his own book! This isn't just any book though, and you don't have to know who Alfie is to love it!


Alfie's book is composed of a series of challenges, activities...


And even a few recipes!


It's also an interactive journal, meaning there's a LOT of writing (and drawing) involved on the reader's part. I absolutely love it!

Storage/Organization


Something a little more random that I've fallen in love with is makeup storage/organization. Not any particular storage set, just makeup storage in general! Before I got this for Christmas, I had everything tucked away in the little white drawers you can see on the far right. I love this because all of my makeup and brushes are organized and where I can see 'em! Plus, I think it looks kinda cool.


Kind of along the lines of storage, I have this gorgeous tote bag from Jack Wills! It's just a regular tote bag, but it's the design that makes it so much cooler. You can fit a crap load of stuff in there as well! I usually use this bag when I'm spending the night at a friend's house. I can sufficiently fit an outfit, some slippers, my laptop and a few extra bits and bobs. What more do you need?!


I cannot express to you how much I love this pattern. It's navy blue with tiny red flowers and mustardy brown accents. It's just freakin' lovely!

People


These are the Fletchers; Carrie, Tom, and Giovanna. Carrie (left) is the sister of Tom (middle) who is married to Giovanna (right). They are all YouTubers (amongst other things) that I started watching late last year and instantly fell in love with!


Carrie Hope Fletcher
Carrie is the most wonderful, intelligent, inspirational person I've ever come across. I've seen her face floating around in my 'What to Watch' page for nearly a year now but never bothered to give her a click. What a fool I was! Carrie makes the kind of videos that leave you feeling smarter and happier. I want to have a little cry every time I watch one of her videos, purely because of her sheer intelligence. She makes you think about things in a way you've never thought of before, and I always leave her videos craving a cup of tea. Plus, she has one of the best voices I've ever heard. She's YouTuber, blogger, book writer, musician and actress who's starred in productions such as Marry Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, War of the Worlds, and currently, Les Miserables! She's an extremely talented girl, and I wish I could be her best friend/sister/wife.


Tom Fletcher
If you live in the UK, you might recognize Tom from the brilliant, award winning band, McFly. I was completely shocked when I found out he was Carrie's brother, let alone that he had a YouTube channel of his own! I found Tom around Christmas time when all of the YouTubers were doing this thing called Vlogmas, where you vlog every day in December up until Christmas. At that point in time, Tom was touring and doing television appearances with his new superband, McBusted. A lot of his vlogs acted as a 'behind the scenes' look into the lives of the UK's most exciting rock/pop/alternative band. Along with some vlogs here and there, Tom likes to make sit-down videos and chat about stuff that matters to him. In fact, Tom, Carrie and his wife, Giovanna, all make YouTube videos dedicated to each other once a week, called 'Dear Tom, Dear Carrie, Dear Gi'! Tom is as rock and roll as a nerdy dad can be. And you'd be surprised!


Giovanna Fletcher
Giovanna, or 'Gi', is the magnificent wife of Tom. She started her YouTube channel a little while after Tom started his YouTube channel, who started his channel after seeing how much fun Carrie was having! Gi is the author of 3 (almost 4!) books and has a gorgeous, lovable personality. She is a mother to her and Tom's 10 month old baby, Buzz, and likes to make videos on book writing, being a mom and just how much she loves Nutella! I absolutely love Giovanna, she's such an overall, great woman.

App(s)


I've been on Instagram for nearly 4 years now, and it never gets old! It's by far my favourite app of all time, and I cant imagine anything topping it.

Music


Believe it or not, these goofs make some of the best music I've ever heard! This is the brilliant supergroup, McBusted. They're called a supergroup because they were originally two different bands formed in the early 2000s. James (top row, middle) and Matt (bottom row, middle) were originally in the rock pop band Busted, which ended back in 2005. In 2013, 2 of the 3 guys from Busted joined with Dougie, Tom, Danny and Harry (a.k.a. McFly) to join what is now the biggest band in the UK. And thus, the supergroup was formed!


On my phone, McBusted is under the category of pop. I'm not sure if I agree with that! I'd say they're more alternative rock with a bit of modern 'pop' sounds. I absolutely love it. As soon as I heard this album, I started looking for more of their music and came across all of McFly's old albums. They're equally as fantastic! Click here to listen to McBusted's full album on YouTube, then buy it for yourself!

Quotes




Those are all of my timeless loves for now! Maybe I'll make another post sometime in the future in case I come across a few more forever favourites.

Until then, have a wonderful new year!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment