October 15, 2017

Autumn Wardrobe Essentials

Hello, my friends! I hope you're all doing well. Today's post is all about my field of expertise, fashion! Just kidding. I'm no fashion expert, but when it comes to the colder months, I feel like my odds of passing as a stylish person are much higher!

Autumn/winter fashion is all about coziness and layering, which is why I love it so much. To me, the element that differentiates autumn fashion from winter fashion is color. In autumn, I tend to stay away from black, white, and blue, as I feel they are quite stark and lack the warmth that autumn is known for. Instead, I replace the black with brown, the white with cream, and the blue with khaki green! The must-have colors in your autumn wardrobe include berry tones, browns, cream, mustard yellow, rusty orange, khaki green. Today I'm going to show you how to incorporate those colors into your wardrobe through a few staple pieces.

I apologize in advance for the way my pictures turned out; it was very sunny and I am definitely not a model, and I think the pictures reflect that!

Without further ado, let's get on with the post!


Knitted Sweaters
An obvious staple in one's cold weather wardrobe! Sweaters are practical, comfortable, and acceptably baggy. Choosing a sweater with a pattern or in a bold color can immediately amp up an outfit, and it can even act as your statement piece. This funky sweater is from the men's section of H&M! I love this sweater because I don't have to put much thought into the rest of my outfit. Plus, at what other time of the year would you be able to wear this color?!


High-Waisted Jeans
High-waisted jeans are my ultimate confidence-boosters. Similar to sweaters, colored jeans can act as the statement piece that the rest of your outfit revolves around. Most of my high-waisted jeans are from H&M, but this colorful pair is from Kohl's!


Flannels/Cardigans/Jackets
If your autumn season is still quite warm during the day, a light jacket may be the way to go. Flannels have become quite popular with teens in the recent years, and they give a nice, laid back feel to an outfit. Cardigans are cozy while jackets prepare you for any type of weather. Pictured above, I am wearing a knitted cardigan from Boohoo along with a rusty orange top from a store I cannot remember! I love this bold color combo, but feel free to swap out one of the colors for something a bit more toned down! If I wasn't already wearing green pants, I would've paired this top with a khaki green rain anorak I bought from Target. 


Ankle Boots
Those who don't wear jewelry may argue that footwear is the finishing touch to an outfit, and me, being one of those people, would have to agree! I picked up this pair of faux suede ankle boots from Forever 21, and I feel like their warm brown color would go well with any outfit.

That's it for my autumn wardrobe essentials! I'm not the most stylish, but I hope you can see that I'm trying! I will see you very soon for a post about autumnal makeup!

Until then,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment