October 21, 2017

Plum-Toned Autumnal Makeup

Hello, my friends!

Today's post is about autumnal makeup. My boyfriend and I celebrated 10 months together by going to a pumpkin farm and carving pumpkins, and this post is about the makeup I wore on that day! To see the makeup at its prime, watch the YouTube video I made of this day, which includes the makeup application!



This is the look without any lip product. It's not an ideal picture, but it's the best one I could get! You can tell I'm not very good a this. I originally planned to create a rusty red-orange makeup look, but it turns out I don't have any orange, red, or yellow eyeshadows. My lack of the required products made it kind of hard to create the desired look! I tried using red lip liner in the creases, but as you can see in the video, it barely showed up. Plum and berry tones are autumnal too, right?!


Here's another picture of the makeup taken with a better camera in better lighting. I forgot to take a picture straight after applying the makeup, so this picture was taken after about 5 hours of wear. Also,  the lip color appears very warm in the picture, but it was quite cool-toned in person.

I wanted to keep my base light and natural. I hate the way foundation magnifies all of my imperfections, so I opted for a powder instead! On top of the powder I applied bronzer, highlighter, and a mixture of a dark, rose gold blush and a shimmery pink one. On my eyes, I created a subdued, slightly purple eyeshadow look with plum liner, softened with dark brown eyeshadow. I carried the purple through into the lips, where I used a dark berry lipstick, sheered out and topped with coral lip balm. The lip color's berriness unfortunately did not pick up in the picture, but you can see it in the YouTube video.


These are some of the products I used to create the look. The items missing are the red lip liner, the plum eyeliner, mascara, the powder I used for foundation, and my eyebrow kit. You can see all products, including the ones not pictured above, in the YouTube video!

That's it for today's post! I hope this makeup look gave you inspiration, or at least made you less afraid of purple eyeshadow! I am no makeup artist, but I had fun experimenting!

Until next time,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment