June 30, 2014

Michael Todd True Organics Review

Hello, everyone! A couple months ago, my lovely parents got me this collection of Michael Todd True Organics skincare products for my birthday. If you're at all into beauty, I'm sure you've heard of this line before!

I've been looking into investing in these products for ages now, due to their rave reviews and the fact that they're organic. Anything organic is much better for you - and the environment - than nonorganic products. Michael Todd's line in particular uses no chemical-based pesticides, artificial colours, synthetic fragrances or alcohol.

Unlike other skincare products where the bases usually consist of water and/or skin-suffocating mineral oil, the base to all Michael Todd products is Aloe Vera juice. Aloe Vera juice is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It also soothes and hydrates whilst supplying it with over 75 nutrients including vitamins, minerals and amino acids! Basically, you get all of the good stuff and your skin shows it.


These are the 3 products I was given: a toner, a cleanser and a moisturizer! In no order of application.


First up is the Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Gel Cleanser. This is the first step in my skin care regime! If I don't wash my face in the shower, I'll take a hot washcloth and run it over my face to open up my pores. Then, I'll massage the cleanser into my skin and wipe it off with the hot rag afterwards.

Though the name of this product is an oxymoron within itself, it definitely lives up to it! This cleanser is so gentle yet effective; it's kind of crazy!


Second up is the Blue Green Algae Antibacterial Toner. This is brilliant for neutralizing the pH balance of your skin. Since it's antibacterial, it's great for disinfecting the skin and helping to get rid of acne. I usually take this on a cotton pad after cleansing my face.

I must say the first time I've ever used this it burned my skin, but I am assuming that was because of the ingredients working their magic! It doesn't burn at all anymore.


Last but certainly not least is the Citrus Cream Moisturizer with DMAE and Hyaluronic Acid. It sounds very technical and scary, but I promise it's not! The DMAE and hyaluronic acid work at moisturizing agents. The 'citrus' in its name from the essential oils it's infused with: mandarin orange, tangerine, lemon and lime! It smells great and it works even better!

On the back of this packaging, it says you could also use this as a moisturising mask. You'd slather it on, leave it for five minutes and then wipe it off. I prefer to use it as a moisturizer, but it's good information to know for when you take a little too much!


This is the list of all the ingredients that make up the moisturizer. From what you're mostly able to see you can tell that most of them are natural, plant-based ingredients. 81% organic!

Not only is Michael Todd's line of products organic, but they're also vegan. Vegan means that no animal products are used in the making of it. Most skin care lines don't use animal products any more, but you can never be too sure! 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe the total of these products came out to a staggering $69.50. It sounds unbelievably pricey, but when you take into account all of the quality, organic ingredients used, it makes a little more sense. It's only reasonable that this line of products is kind of on the expensive side, but I think quality skincare products are worth splurging for!

Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about the Michael Todd True Organics products! I'm surely going to be purchasing and repurchasing items from this range many more in the future!

Thank you so much for reading all the way down to the bottom! I appreciate every little click of yours. I hope you decide to stick around for my future posts!

Have a lovely day,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment