June 5, 2014

Spring/Summer Favourites

Hello, everyone! I'm super excited to write this post, as it's something I've wanted to do for ages! Since spring has now passed and we're moving into the even warmer months, I decided to share with you some of the things I've been loving this spring/summer.

I decided to go in the order that I use/put on these products so you can get a better understanding of them.

Enjoy!


First up is the Renpure Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo and Conditioner. To simply put it, if someone told me there was a shampoo and conditioner out there that worked better than these two, I wouldn't believe them. I've tried several other shampoos and conditioners in my time, but none of them hold a candle to these! It feels like a $50 product, but they're sold at my local Walgreens for only $5.79 each!

Renpure's whole line of hair products contain no sodium chloride, sulfates, dyes, salts, parabens or gluten. That's always a plus!

When I started using this duo, I immediately noticed a difference in my hair; its softer, smoother and doesn't dry out as time goes on. Every time I take a shower, I scare myself thinking I accidentally used the conditioner in place of the shampoo; that's how soft it makes my hair feel! You almost don't want to use the conditioner in fear of making your hair too greasy.

All of Renpure's products smell amazing, but the scent of their argan oil products is my favourite scent of all!
________________________________________________________________________________________________



This is probably my FAVOURITE product of the whole lot! It's the St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub. This is by far the best exfoliating product I've EVER used, and that's saying something! It's absolutely perfect for the spring and summer months as it's light, refreshing and smells of fresh apricots.


It's 2% salicylic acid (The stuff that fights breakouts) and has all natural exfoliants, such as walnuts and corn kernels; none of those pesky little beads that only get under your fingernails.


One of the main problems with products directed towards acne-prone skin is that they tend to dry your skin out and leave it more irritated than before, but that's not the case with this one! This scrub leaves my skin completely hydrated and smoother than its been with any other exfoliator I've used. Not to mention I've seen a dramatic improvement in my skin. It's clearer, brighter and looks a lot healthier! I'll definitely be repurchasing this!
________________________________________________________________________________________________



Another one of my favourites this spring is the Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail varnish in the shade Violet Voltage. I would describe this colour as a light, lilac-y purple with a gorgeous, satiny sheen to it. For some reason, it's not the same light purple it was before. I've had it since May of last year and since I've used it for so long, I think it must've oxidized. It comes out much darker colour, but still very lovely!


I believe this nail polish will compliment any skin tone. I have quite yellowy skin, and I think the purple contrasts with it beautifully. It looks fabulous on women of darker complexions as well! It's a gorgeous, vibrant shade for both spring and summer. Anyone can rock it!


These are my nails, painted with only one coat of nail polish and no top coat!

As far as the formulation goes, it glides on beautifully and dries in a reasonable amount of time. It's not one of those polishes that take ages to dry, nor is it a '60 second'er. I suggest you sit back and enjoy an episode of your favourite show whilst waiting for them to harden!

This nail polish also stays on for a painfully long time. If you don't chip at the paint or remove it with nail polish remover, it could easily last you a month on your fingers, maybe 2-6 on your toes!
________________________________________________________________________________________________



My next favourite is the L'Oréal True Match Minéral Pressed Powder in colour Light Ivory. It's a pale, warm-toned powder that perfectly matches my skin! It's not a very heavy-coverage powder, which is why it's more suited for the warmer months.


The powder is brilliant for stopping shine without giving a completely matte finish to the skin. It's not the best for covering up spots, but if you use a concealer brush and a decent amount of product, it kind of works!


Every day, I brush a thin layer of powder over my face to even out my complexion and slightly lighten my freckles. Then, I go back in with a concealer brush and concentrate on the areas where I may have breakouts.
________________________________________________________________________________________________


Next up, the Eyebrow Kit by H&M! I am absolutely in love with this. I never pictured H&M coming out with their own makeup products, but it's only a big 'duh' that their packaging would look like this! Can we just talk about this for a second?! It immediately caught my eye when I walked in the shops.


This compact is brilliant if you plan on doing your friend's or client's makeup. It's the holy trinity of eyebrow shades, squished into one stylish compact! It's even completed with a set of tweezers and an angled brush. It's a gorgeous product (and packaging) for the cost of $5.99.

What I'll normally do is fill in my brows with the lightest brown colour. Though my hair is naturally dark brown, I feel it looks funny when I use a matching colour on my brows. If I have a bit more time, I'll run the darker brown shade through the tails of my eyebrows for a little more definition.


Did I mention the packaging is shiny?!
________________________________________________________________________________________________



I got these cute Rose Bow Scrunchies at Rue 21 for $5.99! I've wanted scrunchies for ages now, as they're supposed to be less damaging for your hair than the standard ponytail. When I saw these scrunchies, I thought they were too cute to pass up!



One bow is a solid, pale pink colour and the other is darker one with creme flowers on. It's not very visible in this picture, but the two bows are very different textures. The bow on the left is made of a very soft, silky fabric whilst the one on the right is made out of an almost waterproof material, but still comfortable to wear!

These scrunchies can be worn with anything from jean jackets to a dress. I sometimes wear these at night if I don't want my hair to get tangled whilst sleeping. I think this style of hair accessory can be worn all year-round! Due to their springy colour, I decided to include them in my spring/summer favourites.
________________________________________________________________________________________________



And here are my beautiful sunnies! I got these from an '80s themed store called Ragstock. They were $5.99 each and I have to say, they're a great value for the price! They're a kind of wayfarer shape and I absolutely love them! I have a sort of oval-shaped face, but I think this frame suits everyone.


The designs on the sunglasses are quite floral, which I adore. The first pair to catch my eye was this blue, green and cream-coloured pair. It's wasn't the obvious choice for me, but that's why I like them so much! They kind of remind me of curtains. I feel like this pair will go wonderfully with a cream, blue, brown or greenish-khaki-coloured top.


This second pair will probably be up more peoples' alley! The frame is mainly black with pink, purple and light blue flowers on. This would go great with a black, purple, white or grey top!

I wear these glasses pretty much everywhere. I've noticed this spring that my eyes have become a lot more sensitive to light than they ever were before. I'm constantly having to wear glasses to protect myself from headaches! These are great at blocking out the sun.

I'm not sure where else to find these glasses, as the store I got them from wasn't part of a chain, nor have I seen stores like it before. I'm sure you can find a pair similar to these in most shops! I feel like they'll be a big trend come this summer!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you, everyone, for spending your time reading this post! I hope you've enjoyed yourselves! Don't forget to keep scrolling if you want to see more of me (or 4 little birds).

Have a lovely summer! Remember that you can do anything in life, you just have to make it happen!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment