February 5, 2016

Fresh-Faced February: Benefit Real Cheeky Party Palette Review

Hello, my good ol' friends! How are you today?! Welcome to the second installment of Fresh-Faced February!


In this post, I am going to be reviewing my fresh new Benefit Real Cheeky Party Palette! If you didn't get the pun in the title, it's basically a palette for your "cheeks". I say it with the quotes because although it claims to be a cheek palette, there is a lot more to it. The blushes are accompanied by bonus products such as a bronzer, a highlighter, an eyeliner, and a mascara. There's a lot more to the palette than it gets credited for. Look at Benefit, being all modest and humble!

Anyway, let's get on with the review!


The interior is just as pretty!


And then it was revealed.


COULD THIS GET ANYMORE GORGEOUS?

The first thing I noticed about these products - besides their beauty - was their smell. All of the products in this palette except the eyeliner and mascara have the same, artificial candy scent.

Even though the smell isn't the most pleasant, we all know not to judge a book by its scent! It's (what it makes you look like) on the outside that counts. Anyway, let's get started!


Dandelion Brightening Blush

This is the lightest of the four blushes. It's great for a quick brighten-up and looks lovely on people with fair skin! I believe this would make for a great glowy highlighter on people with a darker complexion.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Rockateur Rose Gold Blush
(left)

As you can see, it is the darkest of the blushes. This blush is perfect for a night out, but makes a spectacular everyday blush for people of darker skin. I love to wear this blush went I go somewhere spectacular! However, I would not recommend this for someone with a cool skin tone.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Sugarbomb Shimmering Blush

I have to say, although this blush looks the weirdest and scariest of the bunch, it is definitely my favorite. I looks so natural! I suits literally every skin tone, light or dark.


These are 3 of the 4 blushes. From left to right: Dandelion, Rockateur, and Sugarbomb.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Watt's Up! Cream Highlighter

This highlighter is the bomb biggity. I'm sorry, I had to say it. The glittery illumination is so fine and so even. It gives a needed 'umph' to your makeup and makes you look extra youthful and gorgeous! I recommend putting this on before you powder your face. If you do it in the opposite order, it might turn out a little funny.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Hoola Matte Bronzer

This is the perfect everyday bronzer! My normal everyday makeup routine (as found on YouTube here) consists of only lashes and brows. For the days where I'm feeling extra crazy, I'll add a little sun kissed glow to the mix using this product. I find that this bronzer gives me the perfect faux tan while not looking over orange. Its slight lack of warmth also makes is great for contouring. What more could you ask for?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


CORALista Blush

This blush has a slight orangey (coral) tone, and it looks great on people with warm complexions. This coral beauty is the perfect way to incorporate a little funkiness into your makeup while still looking absolutely ravishing, my dear! This is probably my second favorite of the bunch.


On the left is a swatch of the Hoola bronzer, and on the right is the CORALista blush!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Finally, the eyes.


They're Real! Push-Up Liner

I can't do eyeliner to save my life. No matter how I try do to liner, it never turns out how I envision it. I put the majority go the blame on the fact that my face is completely asymmetrical, but I acknowledge that part of my failure falls on my own shoulders. I have never been one for the classic feline flick, as I can never get it perfectly right. Yet this eyeliner was able to help me slightly.


The shape of this applicator is aimed to aid in the perfection of said flick, but it was just another trial and mostly error for me. I can see this being great for hardcore eyeliner artists, or people who love a precise cat eye, but I am not on of those people.


As far as the staying power goes, I was very impressed! It stayed on like today's business, so make sure you get it right the first time!

I would recommend this product for people who aim for feline purrrfection, but for smudgy girls like myself, this is not the product for you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


They're Real! Mascara

Before school everyday, I apply my mascara. I do this at about 6:40am every morning. After a 7-hour school day, a 9-hour interim, and a full night's sleep, my mascara application was still perfectly intact. So intact, in fact, that I ended up wearing that same application - no top-ups - for 2 full days. WITH A 6 AND A HALF HOUR SLEEP IN BETWEEN. There was little to no crumbling, and absolutely no smudging. And that's coming from someone with oily 'eye areas'. You may think this is disgusting, and I agree with you. This mascara is the real deal; I cannot talk more highly of this product.


The applicator doesn't look that much different compared to any other brush, but something about it is unlike any mascara I've ever tried. It actually works!


This was the look I created using the Hoola bronzer, the Rockateur blush, the Watt's Up! highlighter, the Push-Up liner and the They're Real! mascara.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Those were all of the products the palette! I hope you enjoyed this post. I know I did!

I'll see you in my next post for another fresh makeup review! I love you all!

Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment