January 30, 2017

2017 Bucket List

Hello, my lovely people! I hope you've all had a decent start to the new year. 

2017 is going to be a very big year for me. Over the next 12 months I will be entering adulthood, graduating from high school, and going to college. Between those 3 major life events, I plan to fill my schedule with 'bucket list' activities to make 2017 the best year of my life thus far.

So, without further ado, here's my list of things to do!

Explore My Hometown
I've spent nearly 2 decades living in and around my hometown, but I've only seen what I'm exposed to on my daily routes. This summer before I move to Milwaukee for college, I'm going to take some time to explore my hometown and appreciate where I come from. I'm going to attend the summer festivals, the water shows, and the street fairs. Rather than saying my hometown is holding me back, I'm going to experience what it has to offer and figure out why most people that graduate from my high school decide to stay here.

Vacation with Friends
Parents are great and everything, but there's something about being with people in the same age bracket with similar mindsets that feels extremely liberating. Being with friends gives you the freedom to make your own rules, schedule, and bedtime. Young adults would agree that it gives us a sense of maturity and control over our lives, which - if managed wisely - can make life all the more enjoyable.

This summer, my boyfriend and I plan on going camping, renting a bungalow up north, and possibly going to California. We want to go everywhere our budget will allow us! Like I said in my last post though, over-planning leads to disappointment. I'm going to keep an open mind about our worldly endeavors and remember that the best trips are the spontaneous ones!

Get in Tune with My Body
I'm not sure what this means yet, but I know I'm in way more physical pain than I should be. This year I'm going to listen to my body and take steps towards making myself feel better naturally. I'm going to lessen my reliance on pharmaceuticals such as ibuprofen and try to heal myself with things like meditation, pilates, or yoga.

Get Tattoos
I want to get a few tattoos this year. My sister and I are going to get matching tattoos at some point, and for my 18th birthday in May, I plan on starting my sleeve. You'll have to wait to see what I get!

Grow Out My Hair
Whenever I try to grow out my hair, I get annoyed with it and tell myself I'd look better with it short. This leads to a 6-month period of me looking like a 12-year-old girl if my hair is not perfectly styled, which it usually isn't. This year, I am going to grow my hair out to see if it makes me look any better.

Accept Life
Just yesterday, I decided to indulge in a couple Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that I had been saving for a rainy day. When I opened up my purse to get them out, I discovered that someone had stole them. They were only 89 cents, but it made me SO UPSET. I had bought them with my own money and had been saving them for a desperate time, and they weren't there. Sometimes your candy gets stolen and you just gotta deal with it. Not everything goes the way we want it to, and that's something I'm going to work on accepting this year.

Those are all my goals and ambitions for 2017! Stay tuned to see if I end the year with long hair, a start on my tattoo sleeve, a better mindset, and more worldly experiences!

See you soon,
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment