August 18, 2014

England Adventures: A Day in Brighton

Greetings, bloglings! Today I take you to the wonderful city of Brighton. Come along with me as I make loads of friends and experience many firsts!


Girl sleeping funnily on the train!








Because I'm a cheapskate, instead of buying my friends actual souvenirs I decided to bring home little pieces of England for them. I'm still not sure if that's legal, but I figured Brighton wouldn't mind losing a couple of rocks!


Now I couldn't just bring back random rocks! If I did, they'd have no meaning. So to all of my friends that have received rocks from me so far, this is where they came from! The southern seashore of England on the English Channel!


This was a super cute seaside souvenir shop. Quite the tongue twister!


Finally, another knick-knack enthusiast!


I was 40 pence short from getting this sign, so I decided to take a picture of it instead. Today, I will be happier than a seagull with a stolen chip!


Cheeky seagulls!


The famous Brighton Pier!




This was a group of teens around my age who saw me taking pictures in their direction and started waving at me! I'd like to think we became pretty good friends.


After we rolled our ankles one too many times on the rocks and got fed up with dodging seagulls, we decided to take a stroll through town.






That's my dad!


This is my first ever Costa! Can we just talk about how cool their textured cups are? I was told the ridges work as built in cup insulators. Very innovative!

 
I ordered a Flat White upon recommendation from Ben Brown and it was very delicious!


For dinner, we went to Pizza Express; another first! I ordered the Leggera Padana which is essentially a pizza with goat's cheese, spinach and two different types of onion. The 'Leggera' in its name means the middle of the pizza is taken out and replaced with a small salad. To be honest, the salad was the best part of this meal. I don't know why I ordered this pizza as I'm not the biggest fan of goat's cheese! Just trying something new, I guess! Also, I think they must've switched my mom and I's dough around and gave me the gluten free crust! That was the least of my worries though. There wasn't one bad thing that stood out over the rest, it was just several acquired tastes that I don't feel meshed together very well. I know some people must love this pizza, but it just wasn't for me. Next time I go to Pizza Express, I'll make sure to try something new!


After an interesting meal, it was time to head back to London. Tomorrow we'd be on our way to Cambridge! For the few hours we spent wandering around Brighton, I felt happier than I had in a while. That morning I had been bed ridden with a gut-wrenching cough and fever; we weren't even sure we'd make it to Brighton! When we got there, it was everything I had imagined. The town gave off such a wonderful energy! Brighton was definitely one of my favourite places we visited and I'll surely be coming back one day!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading! I apologize for the length of it, everything was just too cute! I couldn't help but take a picture of it! If you ever get the chance to visit Brighton, definitely do it. We all had so much fun!

Have a great day!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment