August 14, 2014

England Adventures: London Sightseeing

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the second day of England Adventures. In this post, you'll see some of the famous British landmarks and experience several new beverages. I'll explain later.


For our first official day in London, we decided to get our butts out of the hotel room and do something, despite the persistent - and very annoying - cough I had acquired on our journey overseas. Our hotel was a 5 minute walk from the London Eye, so we decided to follow the big wheel in the sky and see what all the commotion was about!


Ooo, an artistic shot!


Look at those people having so much fun!


And here they are, the marvelous Big Ben and Houses of Parliament, in all their glory! And yes, they are - if not more - breathtaking in person.



I don't know the name of this riverside walking space, but it was my least favourite part of London. For those couple hundred yards or so, I felt more claustrophobic than I did anywhere else in the busy town! Believe it or not, this was taken during one of the less congested hours of the day. Aside from mornings, that little pathway is usually packed!


During our walk around London, we stumbled across none other than Westminster Abbey! This is the famous church in which all royal couples get married. That was pretty exciting to think about as you walked by!


Another artistic shot!


This is a close up of the carvings sculpted above the doorway of the abbey. Look at all that detail!



Psh, tourists!


Here's a statue of Queen Elizabeth's famous grandfather, King George V. Yeah, it's a gorgeous, detailed piece of history and all...


But the real reason I took this picture was because of the bird on his head.




This is Ginger Beer. I saw YouTube vlogger Louis Cole drink this in numerous vlogs and thought it sounded quite interesting! I've had Ginger Ale before and loved it; how different could this be?! To answer your question, very. Ginger Beer is made with actual fermented ginger (chemically broken down by yeast, bacteria and other microorganisms), whereas the Ginger Ale we have in America is more like white soda with a hint of ginger flavoring. This was not my favourite thing in the world, but I'd definitely drink it again if I had to!


A colourful display of flags on my way to Queenie's.


This was the best picture I could get of my BFF's house because we were getting mobbed left and right! We eventually made it back into her house for afternoon tea and all was one with the world.


After visiting Lizzie, we popped into Sainsbury's on the way back to the hotel. I saw Lucozade on the shelf and knew I had to try it! This is another beverage I was indirectly recommended by Louis Cole. I can honestly say it's the best fizzy drink I've ever had. I don't drink soft drinks often as I know they're not good for you, but if they sold these in the states, they'd be my go-to fizzy beverage.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for Day 2! Not only did you walk around London with me, you also learned what beverage I like! It's a win-win! I'll see you in two days time for Day 3!

Have a great day!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment