December 19, 2015

Jordan's 12 Days of Blogmas: Holiday Party Makeup

Hello, my little snow men and women! In my last Blogmas post, I showed you some outfits you could wear to your next holiday party. Today I am going to show you what you can wear on your face!

When I think of a holiday makeup look, I think of flawless skin, a warmed complexion, rosy cheeks, a slight contour, highlighted cheekbones, thick, natural eyebrows, golden eyes, and a statement lip. Today I am going to show you how to get all of those things! This makeup look isn't just for the holiday season. It's perfect for any ol' party, or even a simple night out.

I apologize in advance for my wet, unruly hair. I wanted to make sure I was fresh and clean for you all! Let's get started, shall we?


These were all of the products I used to create my festive face! For this look, you will need a foundation, bronzer, blusher, highlighter, golden eyeshadow, brown eyeshadow, mascara, red lip liner, and a red lipstick. If you have oily skin, it would be a good idea to use a setting powder. If you tend to get oily eyelids, a nude or golden eyeshadow base would help! For equipment, you will need an angled brush, a blush brush, a lip brush, and an eyelash curler if you so choose.


First, you must start with a clean, fresh face. As you can tell by my hair, I took a shower before doing my makeup. I cleansed, exfoliated, toned, and supermoisturised my skin.

It was then time to start on my base. The order I did my foundation went: foundation, bronzer, blusher, highlighter, setting powder.

The foundation I used was a little too matte for my liking, so I mixed it with some moisturizer and applied it with my fingers. If you love the finish of your foundation, feel free to skip the 'adding moisturiser' bit.

I used a bronzer to contour my cheekbones and forehead while warming my skin tone.

On my cheeks, I used a spot of blusher to make me look nice and rosy!

I used a highlighter on top of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. Using a highlighter will help to emphasize your bone structure, and that's exactly what I wanna do!


BROW TIME! Finally, I look like a normal person! I've discovered that the closer you get to the tail of your brow, the darker it should get. On the innermost part of my brows, I used a light brown powder. I then filled in the rest of my brows with a dark brown powder and defined the tails of the brows with black.


After I'd done my eyebrows, I started on my eyes. First, I prepped my eyelids using a nude shadow stick base. Over that, I used a gorgeous, gold, shimmery eyeshadow!


After putting a wash of gold on my eyes, I ran a matte, brown shadow through the sockets. Instead of using an eyeliner, I used a browny-black shadow along my lashline. This creates a softer look.


Then it was time for mascara and eyebrow gel! Mascara for obvious reasons, and eyebrow gel to keep my brow hairs in place. You don't want those things falling down!


That's the base and the eyes, done! Last but not least, the lips. This makeup would look equally as good with a nude lip, but since it's the festive season, I decided to go for a red one. For the lips, take a red lip liner and draw around the 'perimeters' of your lips. At this point, you can overdraw them if you wish! I decided to follow my natural lip line this time around.


After lining your lips, fill them in with your favorite red lipstick. With that, your festive makeup look is complete! You are now ready to rock your holiday party!

Now that you've got the look for your holiday gathering, stick around for my next post where I tell you how to actually survive it!

See you then!
Jordan x

No comments:

Post a Comment